Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Ten things I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving:

1. A new furnace, and the means to buy it.
2. The old furnace breaking down just as it was becoming unsafe, so that we discovered the problem before it really became a problem.
3. Extended family who are glad to see us on Thanksgiving even when we don't see them much the rest of the year.
4. Sweet potatoes. Mmmmm.
5. Finishing my NaNoWriMo novel today!
6. My husband and children, who have been patient with my NaNoWriMo craziness and are even still speaking to me.
7. Christmas! I'm actually getting excited about it, probably because we've simplified our plans this year.
8. Sweaters.
9. Chocolate pie.
10. Watching my 6-year-old son watch the old animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the first time yesterday. (You know they like it when they laugh so hard they can't breathe.)

2 comments:

Holly said...

So, when do we get to read your novel--will it be in major book stores by Christmas :) Congratulations!!!

Cori said...

Yay, you finished! Way to go, you won!