Sunday, March 6, 2011

14 compositions in 28 days

It took me till the last day of February, but I finished February Album Writing Month for the first time! Most of the pieces I did this year were short exercises from a composition workbook I'm working through. But hey, I'm counting them. I also put a scripture to music (Matthew 16:13-17, our stake scripture for the year) to help me and my family memorize it more easily. I used a hymn tune, but it took a while to work out how to fit the words to it in a natural way. My favorite composition this year is an arrangement of "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" for cello with piano accompaniment. I've been wanting to put it together for a long time, and the February challenge gave me the push to get it done. Which is the whole point of challenges, I think!

And speaking of challenges, I just found out about NaPoWriMo. NaPoWriMo participants write a poem every day during the month of April, which is National Poetry Month. Anyone want to join me?

No comments: