Friday, May 29, 2009

Welcome home!

We welcomed an old friend home today after some prolonged travel. I'm not sure who was more excited, me or the kids. They all had to take their turns getting reacquainted, but I finally put my foot down and was able to get an hour of quality time myself.

I was a little worried about aftereffects of the long journey. But jetlag doesn't seem to be a problem, and our friend doesn't have any trace of an accent even after spending so much time in a foreign country. This trip happened for health reasons, and I do have to say that all the previous concerns seem completely cleared up, so maybe it was worth it -- even though I had to pay for the trip and didn't even get to visit Japan myself!

Here's A. earnestly making up for all that time apart, with T. behind her waiting his turn.


No comments: