Monday, June 30, 2008

All over the place

Yesterday at church the youth were in charge of Primary for an hour, and I was asked at the last minute to go in and play the piano. After some singing, one of the young men presented a lesson and activity about commandments and blessings. He referred to Malachi 3:10: "Prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Then, to illustrate the scripture, he took out a bunch of slips of paper with blessings written on them, put them all into a paper sack, and asked the kids, "What will happen if I pour out all these blessings into my hand?" One of the little 4-year-olds in the front row stood up with a huge grin, stretched out his arms, and said, "They will get all over the place!"

Blessings all over the place. It's true! They're everywhere.

No comments: